These deliverables are meant to give you an intermediate deadline to help you with the “evaluate” step in the iterative design process. Of course, you’re evaluating on nearly a daily basis. This is the “big”/macro evaluation point. 18% of course grade.
Collection of data; implementation of data mining approach; creation of preliminary results.
Analysis of preliminary results; thoughts on answers to research questions; decisions about refinements necessary for final implementation.
For these deliverables, write a 1-2-page summary that addresses the questions posed below. Post your summaries on the course web page as a blog post and send your instructors a Word document via email.
On the preliminary implementation:
- Recall: What are your research questions?
- What data have you collected to answer your research questions?
- What tools have you chosen to analyze the data (to answer your research questions)?
- What preliminary results have you generated?
On the preliminary analysis:
- What are your preliminary answers to your research questions?
- Review your hypotheses. Do they need to be refined? Do you need to change the scope? Break them down more?
- What do you need to accomplish for the final implementation and analysis?
- What questions do you have?